Internet of Plants: A Workshop for the Data-Driven Farmer/Plant Owner!hosted by
Saturday, March 16, 2019
In this introductory workshop, you will learn how to use open-source, free technology and off-the-shelf electronics to check on your plants and their progress from anywhere, using any device, 24/7. You will customize your own “plant dashboard” to monitor the temperature, humidity, light, and soil moisture, and even learn about automatic watering tools.
Included in the workshop is a brief intro to internet of things, basic electronics, and programming — but don’t worry if you’re not already familiar with any of these. The goal of the workshop is to help you better understand what your plants need to thrive in any setting.
- 12:00: General introduction
- 12:10: Intro to IoT technology
- 12:30: Basics to electronics & agricultural sensors
- 1:30: Programming basics, uploading Arduino firmware
- 2:30: Connecting to cloud API, configuring live dashboard
- 3:00: Wrap-up